Sr Software Engineer (Platform Team)
Spain, Catalunya [Cataluña], GeronaIT
Do you want to join the journey at Sunweb Group as a Senior Software Engineer in our platform team? We are looking for a new colleague to help us achieve our ambition of becoming the Digital Holiday Expert!
You will join the Platform Team, which provides self-service APIs, tools, services, knowledge, and support arranged as a compelling internal product for the other engineering teams to build upon. Some of your tasks will be:
- Find out and meet the development needs of our software development teams
- R+D while detecting commons problems
- Break our monolith web site into small pieces in static Jamstack site using Next.js, React…
- Develop and work with some cross-cutting APIs/tools
- Help with the selection of tools/frameworks
- Give input in our daily work and product roadmap
- Collaborate with other teams including Product Owners, UX Designers, Engineers...
We are Team Ithaca, a mix of a self-organized platform/enabling full-stack team, working with Agile methodologies. Currently we are a small team of three full-stack engineers, but we have an ambitious plan for growth. We are curious people; we are always looking for opportunities to grow individually and as a team. We believe mistakes are part of the way to success. We like to share knowledge, learn new stuff, and have fun working together.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN…
…One Month? You will have completed your onboarding, including intro sessions to Sunweb Group and our Way of Working. Your buddy will be your guide, and you’ll surely share several coffees (or beers). By the end of the month, you will know our tools and you will have joined some pair-programming sessions with the team.
…Three Months? You already know the Sunweb group slang (“Flip Flop”, “techlab” or “The Gathering”) and the way of working. You would have done plenty of pair-programming sessions and implemented a feature from definition to production. You will be using tools like Github, New Relic, Next.js and Sitecore.
...Six Months? You would have developed a wide variety of skills; you are ready to contribute to the team with delivery and are able to solve doubts/requests. You are already familiar with our tools and understand our product roadmap and vision. Maybe you have also implemented some of your innovative ideas.
On top of that, you will be thinking about your career growth within Sunweb Group and how we can support it.
WHAT SKILLS WILL BRING YOU TO THE TOP?
- +5 years of experience in Object-oriented programming (preferably C#)
- Experience with Web Technologies and Cloud Technologies (preferably Azure)
- Experience with: Automatic testing / Front-end tools like Next.js, React, WebPack / CI/CD Tools / Monitoring tools
- Software engineering best practices (OO programming, SOLID principles, Design patterns, CI/CD, TDD…)
- Experience with Agile & DevOps mindset
- Boy scout spirit, “Always leave the code better than you found it”
- Fluent English
LET US INTRODUCE YOU TO SUNWEB GROUP
Sunweb Group is a fast-growing online travel company that aims to become the leading digital holiday expert. Our colleagues, in different hubs around Europe, are self-driven and entrepreneurial people who strive for the best customer experience while having fun.
WHY JOIN OUR JOURNEY?
- Yearly salary between €45000 and €65000 gross (paid in 14 equal portions).
- Attractive discount when booking with our brands for you, your friends, and your family.
- Flexible working hours and remote/hybrid work.
- Team building activities, Tech Labs a few times a year and personal development plan, including budget
- Enjoy 23 days of paid holidays per year
IS THIS YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
Click on “Apply for this job” and send us your resume. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Questions? Feel free to contact our recruiter Carla Garcia at +31 625 63 05 50 or email@example.com.
Your application process will have a few stopovers:
Sunweb Group is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate in any way. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees.