Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Rotterdam€2,500 - €2,900 per monthFinance
We are looking for two enthusiastic, new colleagues to join our Financial Accounting team in Rotterdam, currently consisting of 4 Financial Accountants. In this position (junior and medior) you will have an important role in the day to day administration, monthly closing process and process improvements. Additionally you will have the opportunity to contribute to and learn from interesting projects.
What is your role about?
In your daily work you will work closely together with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable departments, Financial Controllers, Treasury department and of course the Manager Accounting. Externally you will work together with the local accountants and local tax advisors in various European countries ensuring local compliance with laws and regulations and supporting the preparation of local financial statements.
Our finance team is working closely together at our office in Rotterdam. For these two positions (junior and medior) we are looking for new colleagues who are able to join the team at our office 2-3 times a week.
Within your role you will be primarily involved in:
- Administration of several entities – Within our team you will be responsible for the administration of several entities, this gives you a proper view of all the aspects of an entity and enables you to ensure the correct recording of the administration within the entities.
- Monthly closing process – The Financial accounting team plays a key role in the monthly closing process. You will contribute in this process by ensuring the correct recording of journals for the different entities. Additionally you will be analyzing and reconciling several balance sheet items such as cash, debtors and creditors.
- Local compliance – Within our team we are coordinating the local financial statements, VAT filings, CIT filings and ensure the compliance with laws and regulations. From this role you will work closely with our senior financial accountants to deliver the requested information to the local accountants who prepares the annual reports, VAT and CIT filings.
- Continuous improvements – As the Financial accounting team, we are responsible for the accurate recording of the financial figures. Together with the team, you ensure the recording of journal entries is accurate (first time right principle). Furthermore, depending on your experience and ambition, you will be involved in various projects around the improvement of internal controls, implementing and improving procedures and policies and together with our legal department optimizing our file management for various topics such as compliance monitoring and our procurement process.
What skills will bring you to the top?
We are currently looking for two new colleagues, we have a junior and a medior position available. For both positions apllies the following:
- You are full of energy, eager to learn and has a clear hands-on mentality
- At least a bachelor degree in finance, business administration, or similar
- Junior position: eager to learn and grow to further enhance his or her knowledge of Financial Accounting (+1 year experience within accounting)
- Medior position: able to work independently on your own tasks and responsibilities and connect with the other financial teams (+ 4 years experience within accounting)
- Fluently in English and basic level of (minimum B2) Dutch is a must
- Critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and highly motivated
- Takes initiative and is result-oriented
- Knowledge of Excel, EXACT and Lucanet is a plus
Let us introduce Sunweb Group
Sunweb Group is a fast-growing online travel company that aims to become the leading digital holiday expert. Our colleagues, in different hubs around Europe, are self-driven and entrepreneurial people who strive for the best customer experience while having fun.
Why join our journey?
- Challenging environment within an ambitious team with space to grow, learn and room for own initiatives
- In our Sunweb Group Academy, you can join "learning labs" for self-development
- Full-time position at our Rotterdam office with the flexibility to work from home
- Junior position: for this vacancy means a monthly salary starting from €2500,- gross per month (based on fulltime employment). This is excluding holiday allowance (8%) and travel + work from home allowance
- Medior position: for this vacancy means a monthly salary starting from €3000,- gross per month (based on fulltime employment). This is excluding holiday allowance (8%) and travel + work from home allowance
- Within Sunweb Group we find it important to take a pause from everyday life, so enjoy 25 holiday days plus 6 ATV days (based on full-time employment)
- Attractive discount when booking with our brands for you, your friends, and your family
Is this your next challenge?
Click on “Apply for this job” and send us your resume. We are looking forward to hearing from you! Questions about this role? Feel free to contact Yvonne via email@example.com.
Closing date: 11-12-2022
Sunweb Group is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate in any way. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees.
Yvonne van Essen
Talent Acquisition Specialist
People, Organization & Culture
Building Experiences for People