Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, RotterdamFinance
We are looking for an enthusiastic, new colleague to join our Financial Accounting team in Rotterdam, currently consisting of 4 Financial Accountants. In this position you will have an important role in the day to day administration, monthly closing process and process improvements. Additionally you will have the opportunity to contribute to and learn from interesting projects.
What is your role about?
In your daily work you will work closely together with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable departments, Financial Controllers, Treasury department and of course the Manager Accounting. Externally you will work together with the local accountants and local tax advisors in various European countries ensuring local compliance with laws and regulations and supporting the preparation of local financial statements.
Our finance team is working closely together at our office in Rotterdam. For this position we are looking for a new colleague who is able to join the team at our office 2-3 times a week.
Within your role you will be primarily involved in:
- Administration of several entities – Within our team you will be responsible for the administration of several entities, this gives you a proper view of all the aspects of an entity and enables you to ensure the correct recording of the administration within the entities.
- Monthly closing process – The Financial accounting team plays a key role in the monthly closing process. You will contribute in this process by ensuring the correct recording of journals for the different entities. Additionally you will be analyzing and reconciling several balance sheet items such as cash, debtors and creditors.
- Local compliance – Within our team we are coordinating the local financial statements, VAT filings, CIT filings and ensure the compliance with laws and regulations. From this role you will work closely with our senior financial accountants to deliver the requested information to the local accountants who prepares the annual reports, VAT and CIT filings.
- Continuous improvements – As the Financial accounting team, we are responsible for the accurate recording of the financial figures. Together with the team, you ensure the recording of journal entries is accurate (first time right principle). Furthermore, depending on your experience and ambition, you will be involved in various projects around the improvement of internal controls, implementing and improving procedures and policies and together with our legal department optimizing our file management for various topics such as compliance monitoring and our procurement process.
What skills will bring you to the top?
We are currently looking for a new colleague who has a minimum of 2 years working experience and is eager to further enhance his or her knowledge of Financial Accounting.
- You are full of energy, eager to learn and has a clear hands-on mentality
- At least a bachelor degree in finance, business administration, or similar
- Fluently in English and basic level of (minimum B2) Dutch is a must
- Critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and highly motivated
- Takes initiative and is result-oriented
- Knowledge of Excel, EXACT and Lucanet is a plus
Let us introduce Sunweb Group
Sunweb Group is a fast-growing online travel company that aims to become the leading digital holiday expert. Our colleagues, in different hubs around Europe, are self-driven and entrepreneurial people who strive for the best customer experience while having fun.
Why join our journey?
Working for Sunweb Group means...
- Work hard, play hard, so enjoy 25 holiday days plus 6 ATV days.
- An attractive remuneration package. The salary indication is from €3000,- gross per month. This is excluding holiday allowance (8%), travel allowance and our (up to) 20% discount for our holidays.
- Working in an international company, we are open to working from home, the beach, or another place of your choice, for example one of our (hub) offices in Antwerp, Copenhagen, Girona or Paris.
- A lot more. Next to the basics (pension, insurance, and travel allowance), you can benefit from personal coaching sessions all year round, healthy lunches, places to recharge and surprising perks.
Is this your next challenge?
Are you interested in this position, don’t hesitate to contact Jeffrey Poortvliet, Head of Accounting (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions. Interested to apply? Click on the ‘Apply’ button and send us your resume/LinkedIn profile and answers on the questions you will see when clicking on the apply button.
Sunweb Group is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate in any way. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees.
Yvonne van Essen
Talent Acquisition Specialist
People, Organization & Culture
Building Experiences for People
Werken bij Sunweb Group