Chief Technology Officer (Director Technology)
RemoteNetherlands, Zuid-Holland, RotterdamIT
With a mission to be the leading digital holiday expert and to constantly innovate, we need a curious, innovative and people oriented CTO! Someone with a clear vision, that can easily connect with others and is always curious about what the future can bring. A pragmatic leader who can inspire people and who loves to build winnings teams! In this role you are a part of our Management Board.
How can you make impact as our CTO?
- You drive thought leadership, innovation and creativity in the areas of IT platforms, infrastructure, operations, security and Devops. Creating overall technology standards and practices, increase employee engagement and build high performing team(s).
- Together with your (direct) reports & peers, you create a technology design blueprint that will lead the way for all our technology developments.
- With your clear vision you realize our strategic ambition in terms of competencies, budget, process improvements and external support.
- You ensure that IT portfolio risks, issues and dependencies are appropriately managed and made transparent.
- Building a future proof and scalable technology department, by balancing inhouse and offshoring potential.
- Creating insights in the performance of our technology stack and delivery teams and their contribution to our business performance.
Let us introduce Sunweb Group
Sunweb Group is a fast-growing online travel company that aims to become the leading digital holiday expert. Our colleagues are self-driven and entrepreneurial people who work for fun and an ongoing drive to create the best customer experience. At Sunweb Group we look for proactive colleagues who are eager to test and learn new things, reach out to create together with colleagues and enjoy the journey along the way. With a pan-European identity, we are headquartered in Zurich, we have our biggest hub office in Rotterdam, software and web development hub in Girona and various sales hubs around Europe. We collaborate across 3 main business units; Sunweb Sun, Sunweb Ski, and Eliza was here.
We bring personalized holidays within reach of the many, to offer a pause from everyday life, increase wellbeing and create lifetime memories. We aim to become the leading digital holiday expert, shaping the future of holiday experiences.
What skills will make you successful?
- Highly developed interpersonal, advocacy and communication skills to be able to work effectively with individuals and a range of stakeholders to execute change and build bridges.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, design, development and security.
- You know how to transform plans/ideas into practical reality.
- Proactive and creative problem solver.
- You are resilient and can deal with ambiguity as change is our constant factor.
- Experienced people manager within a growing and dynamic organization.
- Experience acting on C-level/in a board.
Why join our journey?
Working for Sunweb Group means...
- An outside-in and challenging view on our Technology stack, organization set up and our way of working
- Work hard, play hard, so enjoy 25 holiday days plus 6 ATV days
- Working within a dynamic, European and fast-growing commercial environment
- Attractive discount when booking with our brands for you, your friends, and your family.
- As an international company, we are open to working from home, the beach, or another place of your choice, for example one of our (hub) offices in Antwerp, Copenhagen, Girona, Paris, or Rotterdam.
- Next to the basics (pension, insurance, and travel allowance), you can benefit from personal coaching sessions all year round, healthy lunches, places to recharge and surprising perks.
Ready for departure?
Do you want to become part of our organisation as a CTO? Click on “Apply” and send us your resume with a cover letter. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Your application process may have a few stopovers:
Sunweb Group is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate in any way. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees.
The search and selection for the role of CTO is conducted by HPW Executive Search. For your application or more information about the role please contact Caroline van der Beek on firstname.lastname@example.org or +31-20-520 7599.